Graphic Novels & Manga I've been reading in 2018


Since my review slump has caught up with me...again, I decided to post about the manga and the graphic novels I've read in 2018 and I'll continue to read. This list also doesn't include my upcoming reads (yes I'm looking at you Steel Prince by V. Schwab), and this year I have also discovered one amazing artist too!



This surprise of a comic was discovered very accidentally! I was strolling on Tumblr and there was a recommendation about anyone who loves Greek mythology. It's the known story of Hades and Persephone but without all the drama of the abduction. Cleverly written and with straight up, delicious art, it has comedy, a slight angst and it's also smutty (you've been warned). 



This volume was by far the best in the Batman Rebirth storyline. Anything that has to do with Batman/Catwoman I ship it very much. After the issue #50 everything changes though and Catwoman moves to her own comic. I seriously hope that we'll have more storylines with these two because they are one of my favorite couples in DC.



The new storyline of Catwoman has very nice art and Selina's emotions are very well drawn. This is still new but I'll continue to expect a meeting maybe?



After two years of reading, I finally finished this glorious graphic novel. The Endless, Dream and all the involving characters had amazing storylines and the ending gutted me. I know that there is a new Sandman in the town but this one will be my favorite.


I am sorry but I need my daily dose of Disney cuteness. These zine comics are adorable and very funny!



I loved the books, but the manga also features stunning art and makes me cry every time! I share the opinion of many Cassandra Clare fans that the prequel series was far better than the Mortal Instruments.



I wanted perspective after seeing the movie trailer. So I binge read the manga. This is the definition of an AI struggling to survive in a world of humans, androids all the between and what means to be human. Alita grows as the volumes move on, separates herself and makes her own name as she travels through deserts, scifi utopias and also discovers love. I also plan to read the sequel manga series too.



Fencing? Sexy boys competing? Secrets and many rising ships? YES PLEASE! Not to mention that the story was written by C.S. Pacat known for her trilogy Captive Prince, and this is going to be one of the best comics in 2018.



Excuse me while I continue to silently cry in a corner! Because after reading this graphic novel for 3 DAMN YEARS I got served THIS VOLUME ENDING? WHY? WHY? WHY? 



And this was the surprise of the year! I knew about the book by Claudia Gray but I didn't know there was a manga series too? I discovered it after looking at Claudia's Instagram and I became hooked! The story, the art, the characters! OMG this is tragic and amazing in true Claudia Gray fashion!



Set in the world of the Lunar Chronicles, the story follows Iko and also features all my favorite gang! I have to say that while the art felt a little too...blue and gray for my likes I loved the interpretation of the characters and of course I loved every couple! Also Iko and her growing affection.


Do you have any recommendations? Hit me with those!

No comments