Top 10 Tuseday: Ten Books I've struggled to get through but Loved them in the end


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Tuesday #117. Books I tried to read. The list includes both YA & NA too. I struggled but in the end I loved them! Please note that these are NOT the books I've DNF(ed). 


10: Venomous by Penelope Fletcher: A sci-fi adventure with complex world-building. There was a big theme that had to be resolved here, which in the end it did. After I got dragged through many different species...




9: Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill: One of the most shocking books I've read in 2017 of this genre along with the upcoming book by Mindy McGinnis. You never expect to find out what is REALLY going on here!




8: All the stars left behind by Ashley Graham: At first I thought this book was copying the Lux series by Jennifer Armentrout, which disconnected me with the plot, but as I read through I began liking it a bit. The cover is also deceiving (it makes you think that it's a contemporary).




7: Select by Marit Weisenberg: With a well-tested trope this book was a little hard to get through but by the end of it, it changed and made me rethink about it.




6: Below by Jason Chabot: I admit that I got vibes of "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" by this book's cover! The worldbuilding was hard to get into but the story proved to be very interesting!







5: Breakwater by Catherine Jones Payne: The cover of this book? Stunning. The story? Hard to get into BUT you get to see lots of the underwater world, pink dolphins and romance!




4: Traveler by L.E. DeLano: The book's cover reminded me of Hook's flying ship (don't ask why, my brain is a strange place!). There is time travel and romance too!







3: Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza: The story was slow at the beginning but when it picked up on the pace it didn't disappoint!




2: Starswept by Mary Fan: Lovely cover and despite the slow pace, the story is interesting and full of tech!




1: Another Day by David Levithan: Oh boy this is hard to type. For the record, I ADORED the first book "Every Day" told by A's POV. The second is told by Rhiannon's POV and it was hard to get into. Sometimes I wanted to smack her for staying in such a poisonous relationship and for not trying to understand A's feelings. The final chapters were very heartbreaking too. 
BUT, it's a good book and also a good bridge between the first and the upcoming third book of the series. 




No comments