Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Liked More/Less Than I Thought I Would

                                        



This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s topic is Top Ten Tuesday #100: five books I liked more than I thought I would and five books I liked less than I though I would. Thus my Top ten!


First five books which I liked less than I thought I would


10: Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard: You'll excuse me but I understood from the first pages that this book would be a dystopian-Twilight kind of story. I tried hard to like the characters to even overcome the love triangle but everything were off in this book. I still haven't read the others.





9: Inherit the Stars by Tessa Elwood: The cover is gorgeous but I couldn't immerse myself into the story. I couldn't even understand what was happening half the time.






8: Soundless by Richelle Mead. I read this book right after my bookish marathon on her Vampire Academy series. I couldn't finish the book.




7: Allegiant by Veronica Roth: Yeahhh, I am not going to comment on this one!




6: A whole new world by Liz Braswell: This book was one of my greatest expectations but I was crushed in it. Jafar is a psycho, Aladdin is too immature and the Genie too serious. BUT I do recommend reading her third book "As old as Time"






Five books which I liked more than I thought I would.



5: A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet: Brace your Pegasus people, because THIS is one hell of an amazing book! Greek mythology, magic and romance all in one!




4: As old As Time by Liz Braswell: Third time was the charm with this book. Hint; it's for those who always prefered Beast in his...beastly form. ;)





3: Ivory and Bone by Julie Eshbaugh: I never understood why this book got low rating at first. It's a good action prehistoric romance told in second POV. Rare and wonderful. And...hello? You can't have a YA romance with the terms of the 21st century when you have prehistoric animals hunting you for snack!



2: Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones: "The Labyrinth" meets Hades and Persephone in this stunning debut. I'm still gathering my feelings in order to write this review.




1: The Love that Split the world by Emily Henry: I was told that this book had a slow start and a mystery, but I never expected to find myself sobbing over the final pages, because this little gem deserves more!












No comments