Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Book I wish they had something more/less in them

                                       


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Tuesday #98: 10 books I wish they had some more or less parts or genres in them. In no particular order here we go!



10:Blackhearts by Nicole Castroman: When this book was announced I was glad to see it. I expected some action, pirates and romance into the seas. But I got a sugary romance in a mansion and no pirate in sight.





9: Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto: The crazy fantasy combined supernatural western world could be better if there was more explaining and world building in it. Also there's almost no romance.





8: Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge: The retelling of Red Riding Hood had a horrible plot but amazing characters and quite the mystery. I'm still trying to figure out Rosamund's writting but it's haunting. This book needed more romance too.







7: The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas: The blurb was very good but nothing prepared me as I was thrown into the unknown in the back pf a dragon. Yeah, I couldn't understand this book.





6: Winterspell by Claire Legard: I had SO many expectations from this book! I liked the world-bulding, even the twist in the relationship between the Nutcraker and Clara, but some parts of the book could be better.





5: Dissonance by Erica O'Rourke: We have insta-love here. But a great premise. Though I had expected a more Doctor Who styled novel, I got a semi-adventure against time and parallel universes.





4: Elusion by Claudia Gbel & Cheryl Klam: Yet another case of insta-love but with a touch of "Sword Art Online" in the story. I would have loved less insta-love and more time for the characters to get to know each other.





3: Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge: This retelling of Beauty & the Beast took a dark turn when it was combined with Fae folklore and a touch of Howl's Moving Castle. Interesting but with not too much obvious romance. It felt forced for me.







2: The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black: Amazing plot and action but I wanted more of the book in general. More romance and surely a sequel!






1: Antigoddess by Kendare Blake: Absolutely amazing plot and characters but I also wanted more romance here, at least from Athena's side.





What about you?


No comments