Welcome to my celebration post for the 10th anniversary of "Poison Study" by Maria V. Snyder! First of all here's the rules of the 4 weeks of celebration and prizes as Posted on Fiktshun!
This is the final post of the celebration month and read-a-long. Don't miss the chance to enter the following giveaway for many, many prizes!
- SIGN UP in the Linky below and let us know you’re participating! (During the read-along you will be able to add your blog posts to a Rafflecopter for a chance to win one of the awesome giveaway prizes!)
- POST once a week during the month of October (preferably on Friday or Saturday). The post can be about anything you’ve read that week.
- JOIN THE CONVERSATION on Twitter. There will be no set times, just tweet when the mood strikes, using the hashtag #PoisonStudyReadAlong
The Program of the Read-along
- October 4th-10th | Chapters 1-8
- October 11th-17th | Chapters 9-17
- October 18th-24th |Chapters 18-25
- October 25th-31st |Chapters 26-32 and closing post
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Summary from GoodReads
Choose: A quick death…Or slow poison...
About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.
And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.
As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...
BUY ON AMAZON, CLICK THE COVERS FOR MORE DETAILS
REVIEW of chapters 26-32
It's always hard to see when the book ends and all the great action comes. When elena and Valek discover the real reason behind Criolo and how the Commander's life is in danger, they also become prisoners. In that chapter, truths are revealed and feelings ignite.
The description Yelena uses for her feelings of Valek is the most stunning, emotional I've read in any YA novel. Nothing so far compares with this single paragraph. Needless to say, Valek's skills are awesome and Irys plays a vital role in the ending. With the book's ending there are bittersweet feelings and the hope that Valek and Yelena will reunite again.
"Poison Study" is one of the books that any reader wants to own and read again and again. It's one of the kind and Maria's writing is compeling and addictive for the reader. ;)
About the author: