Welcome to my celebration post for the 10th anniversary of "Poison Study" by Maria V. Snyder! First of all here's the rules of the 4 weeks of celebration and prizes as Posted on Fiktshun!
- SIGN UP in the Linky below and let us know you’re participating! (During the read-along you will be able to add your blog posts to a Rafflecopter for a chance to win one of the awesome giveaway prizes!)
- POST once a week during the month of October (preferably on Friday or Saturday). The post can be about anything you’ve read that week.
- JOIN THE CONVERSATION on Twitter. There will be no set times, just tweet when the mood strikes, using the hashtag #PoisonStudyReadAlong
The Program of the Read-along
- October 4th-10th | Chapters 1-8
- October 11th-17th | Chapters 9-17
- October 18th-24th |Chapters 18-25
- October 25th-31st |Chapters 26-32 and closing post
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Summary from GoodReads
Choose: A quick death…Or slow poison...
About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.
And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.
As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...
BUY ON AMAZON, CLICK THE COVERS FOR MORE DETAILS
REVIEW of chapters 9-17
What can I say about these chapters? Yelena becomes accustomed to the life of the Commander's castle and then, the fugitive training comes. Valek chooses her as the bait and in a chapter of running, yummy glue and leaves, Yelena gives to the soldiers a bit of a lesson. ;)
There is also the appearance of the Southern magician in the fire festival, who will play a vital role later and also a stranger sweet, Kriolo, makes the Commander like it very, vey much.
I like those chapters. In them Yelena learns how to defend herself and Valek seem to like her more.
About the author: