Welcome to my celebration post for the 10th anniversary of "Poison Study" by Maria V. Snyder! First of all here's the rules of the 4 weeks of celebration and prizes as Posted on Fiktshun!
- SIGN UP in the Linky below and let us know you’re participating! (During the read-along you will be able to add your blog posts to a Rafflecopter for a chance to win one of the awesome giveaway prizes!)
- POST once a week during the month of October (preferably on Friday or Saturday). The post can be about anything you’ve read that week.
- JOIN THE CONVERSATION on Twitter. There will be no set times, just tweet when the mood strikes, using the hashtag #PoisonStudyReadAlong
The Program of the Read-along
- October 4th-10th | Chapters 1-8
- October 11th-17th | Chapters 9-17
- October 18th-24th |Chapters 18-25
- October 25th-31st |Chapters 26-32 and closing post
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Summary from GoodReads
Choose: A quick death…Or slow poison...
About to be executed for murder, Yelena is offered an extraordinary reprieve. She'll eat the best meals, have rooms in the palace—and risk assassination by anyone trying to kill the Commander of Ixia.
And so Yelena chooses to become a food taster. But the chief of security, leaving nothing to chance, deliberately feeds her Butterfly's Dust—and only by appearing for her daily antidote will she delay an agonizing death from the poison.
As Yelena tries to escape her new dilemma, disasters keep mounting. Rebels plot to seize Ixia and Yelena develops magical powers she can't control. Her life is threatened again and choices must be made. But this time the outcomes aren't so clear...
BUY ON AMAZON, CLICK THE COVERS FOR MORE DETAILS
REVIEW of chapters 18-25
As Yelena's training continues, the plot around Criolo, General Brazel and the Commander thickens. Valek and Yelena work together in order to find the clues, while at the same time Yelena tried to understand how much tme she has before her newly found magic powers betray her.
Also there is this scene with the drinks and a tipsy Yelena which can make you blush and swoon as also admire Valek's patience. I am still shaking my head. This is a great readathon and Iam not even bored re-reading the same story. :)
About the author: