Milky Way of Books Starry List: Best "Beauty and the Beast" themed books of 2019!


Hello, amazing and beautiful readers from all over the literally universe! IT'S DECEMBER! Which means two things!

First, Christmas is coming!


And second, it's my birthday month! So that means also lots of sweets and cake of course!



And yet despite everything and knowing that I have lots of reviews to write, books to finish and also prepare my 2020 blogging schedule, I feel very tired. And sleepy.

So for today's post, I decided to do a theme! Last year, I used to participate a lot in the Top 10 Tuesday list, which is amazing, but this year I didn't have the time. And besides, I wanted to post something at my own pace and theme. 

The theme? BEAUTY AND THE BEAST! If you know me then you can guess, how much I love books themed after my favorite story! The books mentioned below come from different genres and age groups, so you can choose from all!




1. The Beast of Beswick by Amalie Howard: A delightful story set in England with dukes, ladies with education and a pair made for each other! I loved Astrid and Nathaniel, they were so easy to read and Nathaniel as the "Beast" had the dry humor I enjoy in these books. 



2. When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James: This was a huge surprise! And a rare find in my Historical Romance research. The second book in a series, which doesn't stop the reader from enjoying it, When Beauty Tamed the Beast, takes place in Wales where duke Piers, who is a mix between Dr. House and the Beast, discovers that his father has arranged for him to marry with Linnet, a beautiful young woman who is not only gorgeous but also smart, sassy and is not disturbed by Piers's manners.

I enjoyed reading the book and also listening to the audiobook. The final chapters are also heartbreaking and I found myself crying at some point. Definitely one of the best in this list.



3. Brazen and the Beast by Sarah MacLean: This was the book that led me to bigning every book written by Sarah in one week! I thoroughly enjoyed this Victorian romance, filled with secrets, humor, romance and a lovable couple!


4. A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean: Also this book has a Beauty and a Beast (although we should be honest and admit that the Victorian society was filled by teeny-tiny d*kheads. Alec is gorgeous and a woman's dream come true!). With sweet Lily being strong in her own way, a trait that made me admire her even more! Not to mention that they both had lots of humor, jumping from house to house!



5. Gilded Rose by Emma Hamm: This story is a new addition to my growing favorite list by my auto-buy author. There is a Beauty and Beast theme here and since I am currently reading this book, by the time this post is written I can surely say that this is addicting.



6. Entreat Me by Grace Draven: This is an old read but I recently discovered that this one had finally become an audiobook! So yes, I re-read it. The theme here has a slight twist but Grace Draven is a master wordsmith of creating amazing worlds, you truly want to live in. Also one of the best in the list.



7. The Last Hour of Gann by R. Lee Smith: (trigger warnings: this book contains dark themes and the reader is advised to tread carefully). This was also a surprise. First, the book is HUGE! It took me almost a week to finish it. And second, the story is a gigantic epic saga in an alien planet, where the humans are the prey and the alien species here live in a religious society, believing in a cosmic power that guides their lives. Meoraq is an actual alien, lizard-humanoid like, and Amber is a woman whom I admired through the book, for every trial and hardship she suffered through. She was way too kind to her fellow humans. This is a story you won't forget easily.



8. To Love a Monster by Marina Simcoe: This book also felt true to the theme but it is also set n a more contemporary world, closer to ours. Both characters have a lot of emotional issues to deal with and I enjoyed it. It was touching and sweet.



9: Niehime to Kemono Ou (Sacrificial Princess and the King of Beasts) by Yu Tomofuji: The manga of this list is still and on-going read. But it's set in a magical world where humans and monsters are at war and the heroines, Saliphie, is the sacrifice the humans send in order to appease the King of the Beasts. There is a twist on Beauty and the Beast here, and despite the series being a shojo, I enjoy it very much. It's heartwarming and also hosts many side characters who help the pair to grow closer and evolve.




Do you have any recommendations? I'd love to add more in my GoodReads list so, give me a shout! If you want to see my complete list of both read and upcoming Beauty and Beast themed books you can see it on GoodReads.



No comments