ARC Reviews: 6 Harlequin mangas


The NetGalley gods had been quite surprising for me in 2018. I got to read some very interesting books and on the other hand, I know the hardship of requesting ARCs while being an INT blogger. Just before New Year's Eve I got a big approval on the following Harlequin manga. I admit that I've never read that many in one day but the stories were interesting, albeit a tiny bit predictable.


The Boss and the Beauty: 4 stars

The art of Earithen is known to me through the adaptation of Lords of the Underworld books by Gena Showalter. The Boss and the Beauty held a good plot with comedy and an 'extreme make-over' story which felt well made and had its own HEA. And although Cindy's friends felt a little too snappy for my taste, they did push the heroine towards change.













Terms of Engagement: 3 stars

I searched GoodReads for this title in order to link it but I couldn't find it. The story here has the pattern of the sudden inheritance and all the drama and gossip that follows. The story felt a little too predictable for me but the art of the ranch was great and I enjoyed the growing attraction between Emma and Frazer.












At his Majesty's request: 4 stars


Jessica is a matchmaker, sent to the small kingdom in an island of Greece, in order to choose a bride for the heir of the throne Stavros. For the record, I am Greek and I was always surprised by how many fellow readers love the trope of the Greek prince who falls for the simple heroine. We do have a royal family, but since the country is a democracy, the royal pair is considered to be "the ex-royals". I have to admit that I loved this one. Jessica had a great style with her vintage dresses. Stavros was an emotional character, not your usual style of the aloof and too serious for his own good man. And I'm pretty sure that this 'kingdom in Greece' is Mykonos but with the island's letters reversed! LOL






Heartless Abduction: 3 stars

To be honest, I considered of rating this one with two stars but, there was a saving grace. I didn't enjoy the story. Romance built on a supposed abduction I not my favorite trope. But there is a good resolution in the struggle and they do get their own HEA. They almost fall in lust with each other but Nella doesn't take advantage of the situation in order to make Raul believe her. She does something daring though.











The Ultimate Seduction: 4 stars

Tiffany has suffered through an accident which left her burnt and scarred. A fling with a man named Ryzard will lead them into a very well made relationship, full of hardship and growth. This was far more completed story. With a good structure and well-made points through the manga about the characters' emotional world, along with Tiffany's growth as a character.














The Dangerous Jacob Wilde: 4 stars

Addison has spent her life working. When her deceased boss gives to her as an inheritance a ranch in Texas, she will take the leap of faith in order to try something new. Jacob has returned from the battlefield. Emotionally scarred he tries to fit back into a life that feels too foreign for him.
While the beginning of the book felt a little cliche, the progress of the story with the characters' struggles, Jacob's PTSD and Addison's need for family, made this manga enjoyable. I found out that the rest of the brothers have their own mangas so I might try reading those next.









What do you think? Do you like reading Harlequin mangas? What's your favorite? I'm open to recommendations!






No comments